Saturday, March 29, 2008

Odds & Ends

This is Owen in his California Mickey Mouse hand-me-down sweatshirt. WAAAAAYYYYY hand-me-down ... it was mine or my sister's or something when we were little. Maybe mom could clear that up for me. Too bad I don't have a picture of the original owner wearing it. Maybe mom/dad could help me out with that, too.


This is the great 1/2 circle window in our bedroom. I love it, but ever since we moved into this house 9 months ago I have hated the way it heats up the top floor of the house. The sun beats in there from the west in the afternoons and the temperature climbs. Our thermostat is upstairs so in the summer the A/C was on constantly and in the winter the heat never came on because it was plenty toasty upstairs, but down on the 1st floor it was freezing. Well, as of Monday, everything changed. We had Jones Paint & Glass of American Fork, UT install low-E glass in all of our windows on the west side of the house. WOW, what a difference it has made! I was very skeptical, even though they said it would improve the efficiency of our home about 30-40%. It improved it AT LEAST that much, but it seems like much more. They were so great, too. They were very knowledgeable, honest, and super fast! I can't say enough good things about Jones and our new glass.
Here I am standing in the sun coming through our bedroom window and not feeling a single bit of heat! I think the kitties are a little disappointed that their basking days are over, but I couldn't be happier! I no longer roast upstairs and we don't freeze (as much) downstairs. THANK YOU JONES!!!

And here is the mirror Casey gave me as a little Easter present. I had my eye on it at Target. It reminds me of one of my favorite paintings, Jan van Eyck's Arnolfini Wedding Portrait. Very cool! Thanks, honey!

2 comments:

Christina said...

I was just about to comment how the mirror reminds me of the van Eyck painting before I read the end of your post. That's a really cool mirror! What a nice gift!

Pead Family said...

Very nice choice! Beautiful!