Thursday, May 8, 2008

Kid Catch-Up

Here's what's been happening in the lives of the children lately. I (stupidly) let the boys bathe together. They had a blast. I had a shower. Owen showed Evan (yes, you heard me right) how to produce Shamu-size splashes and he willingly joined in rather than set a good example like I asked him to. (What was I thinking?)



Here's Owen playing one of his favorite games, Peek-a-Boo Kitty. I'm not sure why Putty keeps coming back, but it keeps Owen entertained (and out of most trouble), which I appreciate very much.


Here's Evan on his new 3-wheel Spiderman scooter (even though he can ride the 2-wheeler razor scooters just fine). As we were heading to the park (Evan on his scooter and I pushing Owen in the stroller), Evan said, "This Spiderman scooter is very cool, Mom." Even more cool is the fact that the newest park in the city is less than a block away, and all we have to do is take a quick ride/walk around the trail and he's happy! (There's no playground equipment yet ... it's great.) I've discovered, though, that I get a much better workout when he rides fast on his Big Wheel; but his speed on the scooter is improving.

I looked downstairs to check on the boys the other day and saw this ... Owen has learned how to pull himself up to standing (already!). He now greets me standing up with a big grin on his face (the kind of grin that says "you're in for it!") when I go to get him out of his crib.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Cute pics Mandy! Sounds like you've been having lots of fun! That's awesome that you are getting a new park by your house. That will come in handy!