Sunday, March 6, 2011

August 2010, pt. 2

I guess now would be a good time to mention that it was shortly before we went to Wyoming last summer that I found out I was pregnant. Which is why I've both gotten more behind and wanted to catch up on this blog. My other two pregnancies were a piece of cake. This one has been a little different. It was great up until the third trimester, but recently I've had problems with high blood pressure and general pain in "that" area (round ligaments, apparently). Right now my BP is borderline and as long as it doesn't jump back up and stay up, our 3rd boy will be joining us on March 29th. Hooray and yikes!


Here are the boys in front of my tomatoes when they were still kind of standing. The plants themselves were ginormous this year!


This was my thriving squash.


And this, my zucchini. It never got any bigger. I didn't think it was possible to kill zucchini, or at least not have it overtake the surrounding area. Somehow I managed to grow everything but zucchini.


This is Owen on his first day of preschool. This social, outgoing, talkative kid had a bit of a hard time adjusting, but he loves it. And I hear from his teacher, Miss Janae, that he is finally just coming out of his shell in class and talking in more than a whisper, being a little more rowdy, etc. That's the Owen I know.


It wouldn't be summer without a trip to Hogle Zoo! A few of the highlights were ...


the baby elephant ...


the giraffes (including the part where Owen was "that kid" who lost his flip-flop inside the giraffe enclosure; luckily it was just the outer perimeter and we were assured that it happens all the time) ...


this ginormous bird (and all of the birds who grazed the tops of our heads during the bird show) ...


the carousel ...


and the orangutans (who performed especially well when one of their handlers came over by us and talked to them and such).


We also visited the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point.


This is Evan on his first day of Kindergarten. It was a bittersweet day.


Here are the two of them before we took Evan to school.


Here's Evan with two other Kindergartners from our cul-de-sac.


And here is his class lining up to go inside on that first day (the only decent picture I got of Mrs. Bunting).

2 comments:

katealyson said...

Yay! August was full of fun and excitement. Good to have you back on your Sunday blogs! :)

Yang Kuo said...

Yay! August was full of fun and excitement.




ทางบ้าน