Sunday, February 6, 2011

Wyoming Trip--Summer 2010

Last summer the boys and I headed to Wyoming to visit my parents. My mom knew we were coming, but she thought we were coming in August. We surprised her and came at the end of July. It was a fun surprise for her to answer the door and have the boys standing there. My sisters and I spent the next few days making last-minute preparations for a big birthday bash--my mom's surprise 60th birthday party. Oh, the web of lies we weaved! But it paid off in the end. She had no idea. She was completely surprised and it was a fun night.


While we were there we went to the dam Visitor Center at the Buffalo Bill Dam. It was lots of dam fun.


We saw lots of old dam equipment.


The boys had a precious moment (those are rare).


We got to look down from the dam walkway. WAY down! (Kate does not like the dam height!)


Evan got a dam penny (which he will proudly tell anyone). We also got dam pencils, dam pens ("This is my dam pen!"), dam cup holders ... lots of dam stuff.


We got to see the dam Jones brick that our family donated to the dam Visitor Center for. We had a lot of dam fun. And we kept referring to every dam thing for days on end because it really doesn't get old.


The boys got to ride on the tractor with Pata Jones.


We also got to see this little gem. Chloe is my cousin's girl and she is so adorable! She's not only easy on the eyes ...


she's incredibly entertaining as well.

5 comments:

katealyson said...

Dam straight I don't like the height! P.S. Those dam pens are the best dam pens ever. I think I'm going to go back to the Dam Visitor's Center and by more. I miss little Chloe Girl!

Brandi said...

Looks like you guys had a great Cody trip! Your boys are so cute. I love our trips in July. But not this year since we are getting Baby #3 in July.

The Accidental Somebody said...

Kate's a little tall to be complaining about the dam height! ;) Great dam pics, I specially love the thumbs up on the Jones family brick. And if you plan your trip right next summer you'll have another little harris cousin to feast your eyes upon! Can't wait to see you when you come up!

Amanda said...

Kim, I love the comment about Kate! So true! And we are planning our trip for the 4th of July this year--the "family reunion" of sorts. (Sorry we won't be crossing paths, Brandi ... bummer.) I've already talked to Jona about trading babies for a bit. I just want to know what a girl would be like. :)

Heather said...

Looks like a fun trip! Keep the posts coming, those were some great dam pics! Ha ha!