Saturday, March 13, 2010

Family Photo Session

I have tried no less than 5 times to upload pictures from our latest family portrait session (clear back in the beginning of October), but I just can't get it to work. So let me just direct you here:

http://webblisa.blogspot.com/2009/11/childs-family_26.html

or here to see all 40 photos we chose:
http://www.facebook.com/amandamchilds?ref=profile#!/album.php?aid=34720&id=1655324036

Casey's cousin, Lisa, was kind and patient enough to do our photos. I think she is incredible. I told her morning would probably be best because the kids would not be tired and cranky. Hmmm ... well, you just never know when kids will be in one of their moods. Owen would not crack even a hint of a smile for anyone. Especially Lisa. So the photos started out with a pouty Owen and a stoic Evan. After various attempts at making Owen smile, we finally succeeded. I just remember all of us looking like crazy people, which somehow ended in Owen being chased around and laughing and smiling. Success!

Lisa took our photos in Casey's art studio first. Then we piled everyone in the car and drove up American Fork Canyon. We found a beautiful spot with all the gorgeous fall leaves and the mountains in the background. Some photos look like we are in front of a fake backdrop because it's that perfect. At that point it was a little cool, but we made one more stop by the river and the kids nearly froze to death. (All for the cause, people!) I guess I didn't plan our outfits very well, as the kids were dressed in shorts and short-sleeved shirts. But we did it and got some great photos that I am so pleased with. Lisa, I can't thank you enough.
I love them!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Your family is beautiful! I LOVE your family pictures.